Your First Visit
Your first appointment at Twin Cities Oral and Maxilofacial Surgery will be a consultation with one of our doctors to explore treatment options and diagnosis. Depending on the need, some treatments can be completed on the same day as the evaluation. Your medical history and diagnosis may require treatment on another day.
We will need following information at the time of your consultation:
- A list of current medications.
- A surgical referral and x-rays when applicable.
- Completed dental insurance forms.
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- You must not eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery. An adult driver must be available to bring you home.
- On the day of your surgery, please notify our office of any medical conditions prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, rheumatic fever, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, etc.) and current medications (i.e., aspirin, heart medications, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
You may request that your dentist or physician forward any x-rays to our office. If there is not enough time, you may pick them up and bring them with you to our office. If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our clinic.